TRP 9-24-2014

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

TRP 9-24-2014

Post by TireSmoker »

For the second week in a row, Team Tiresmoke showed up at TRP on Wednesday, with this week being the season finale. The weather was perfect. Right after I turned onto Sidley Road, I heard a loud whistling and see Paul in my rearview. Tony had asked me to run his car this week, and I was more than happy to do so.

The night had a really rough start though. A spectator started having issues with their pacemaker and the track ambulance had to attend to them which stopped the action for a while until a regular ambulance was able to show up. By this point, the staging lanes were *packed*. Fred32v hadn't even gotten a time run yet, and Paul and I only had 1. Finally, the action got going again and they started clearing out the lanes.

If that wasn't enough, just as they finished up time runs, Grant, the guy that calls your number and dial-in up to the timing tower and then waves you onto the track collapsed from a heart attack. We could see multiple people rotating doing CPR on him for what seemed like an eternity. Another ambulance arrives to assist. We were certain they were just going to cancel the event at that point because it was already after 9pm. But they decided to finish the program. They later announced that Grant had stabilized at the hospital and was doing better.

And then this is where the night started getting good. My first time run had been a 13.64 with some wheelspin. When Tony had the car tuned, Trevor told him the bog was minimized with the black spring, but made more power with the brown spring. Between the first and second time run, I switched to the brown spring and was rewarded with a 13.40! I also got a much better launch, and I suspect thats where most of the ET came from. (2.16 to 2.01).

First round I dialed 13.40 against a newer Challenger @ 13.75. Tree'd him .05 vs .25, passed him and coasted to the win.

Second round, dialed 13.35 against an older Mopar @ 13.23. Tree'd him .09 vs. 31, passed him and lifted

Third round: dialed 13.35 against a Mustang (i think) @ 12.45. Tree'd him, .04 vs. .30, lifted/hit the brakes for the win

Fourth round: dialed 13.35 against newer V6 Mustang @ 14.53. He redlighted (-.0047) vs. .14 for me. I ran it out the back for a 13.37 @ 101, with a 1.96 60ft. Best ET of the night

Fifth round (semi-final): with three cars left, we drew cards for the bye-run. I had Tony draw the card since it was his car and we got the bye-run. I tried launching harder with the free run and spun terrible.

Sixth round (final): We both wanted lane 2, so out came the cards. Again, I had Tony draw the card, and he won lane choice for me. I upped the dial to 13.40 vs. 3rd-gen Camaro @ 14.80. Tree'd him .13 vs .23, passed him and coasted to the win, 13.48 @ 89mph

Final Round Win:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx6qyKHnVd0[/youtube]

It was just an awesome night and perfect way to end the season!

-Dave
Basement Paul

Re: TRP 9-24-2014

Post by Basement Paul »

That's all awesome across the board! Two trophies, two best ETs, and Grant seems to be on the right track back. That was pretty disturbing...

I recognize the guy in the red Camaro in the finals. He races out there A LOT, so that was no slouch in the finals.

My best for the night was 14.60 at 91mph, so I still have higher RPM power issues. It should be doing 96mph all day. I did get my best 60' ever at 2.02, so I know there's power there. I'm going to chase the cat converter to see if it's plugged on the inlet side first.

It was a beautiful night weather-wise for sure.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Here are all 8 runs I made with the car. With a little background music. Thank you GoPro, for the awesome camera and for finally releasing some software to make the editing/post-production process muuuuuch easier.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPEkX6XrH6I[/youtube]

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

The Thrill of Victory!!! Love it!

-BP
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

I had an awesome time last night, albeit a late one.....and I thoroughly enjoyed Dave's video and music. Can't wait to do it again!!