TDR - Wednesday 07/16/2014

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Re: TDR - Wednesday 07/16/2014

Post by Basement Paul »

I had a bunch of fun last night too. Watching The Accountant's car keep getting quicker, to 32V's run in the finals, it was a good time. Unfortunately, my truck wasn't running too well. My best was a 14.78 at 90mph. This is WAY off. With the conditions last night, I should have been around 14.2x at 96mph. I also went to Summit yesterday morning and bought new drag radials. These were working well and had a couple 2.07 60' times.

Trying to assess the problem, today I decided to put new plugs in the truck. The ones that were in there had about 15k hard miles and as it turns out, the gap on them had closed to about .024 on all of them but one. The supercharger guy calls for around .035 so this is where I gapped the new ones. The truck seems to have liked the new plugs, at least by the seat of my pants. This Saturday I'm getting my rattly flowmaster replaced which I'm hoping will only help the situation. I'm concerned that my lack of top end power may be that the muffler baffle came loose inside and is partially blocking the outlet. We'll find out as I think I'm going to cut the old muffler open just to see what it looks like inside. Somewhere between the plugs and the exhaust, I'm hoping there's a solution, as I plan to go back out next Wed to redeem myself and my second round redlight and poor E.T's.

Hope to see more people there. It's the last Wed of the year... I'm thinking 32V will be there with his new exhaust too!

-BP
Fred32v

Re: TDR - Wednesday 07/16/2014

Post by Fred32v »

Back to TRP to see what improvements the new Borla exhaust would give me.
The Silverado has never been faster. It gave me a 4 tenth improvement and 2 mph.
I now have a best of 15.74 @ 90.46. $200 well spent.
I did compete in Truck Eliminator again (8 Trucks).
After two rounds I was in the Finals and finished second again.

BP was there expecting more from his new duel exhaust improvement,
but the truck is not responding so there will be some serious diagnosing going on.

Smoke shows up with Tony’s 69 Chevelle and stole the show. Tony came late.
The Chevy was in the low 13.30’s over 101 mph. Super numbers for a quiet street machine.
I see 12’s in that car’s future. Then Smoke went on a rampage through the field of 60
some cars in Stock Eliminator to take the Win. Smoke got the Trophy and the 69 Chevelle
got the “TRP WINNER” decal.

Ready 4 action……………………………….….BP’s dilemma…………..……………Stock Eliminator Final
ImageImageImage

Smoke’s trophy…….........…………..with proud car owner………..Tiresmoke get two trophies
ImageImageImage

Sometimes driving in a straight line can be fun.
As always TRP was a great time.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!