TRP - year end

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

TRP - year end

Post by Fred32v »

OK, Paul and I had breakfast on the Square in downtown Thompson this morning
and then went on to TRP. He suggested I drive his Mustang, how could I refuse.
It was very cold, 38 degrees with a serious cross wind. Well, my first past with this
v6 was my best. Reaction 0.17, 60ft. 2.09, 1/8th 9.24@78.28, 1/4th 14.26 @97.7mph.
Times were similar to my big 455 98 Olds. Paul made a pass in the Mustang and went 14.11,
I need to lose a few more pounds.
He is still tuning the Cadillac but managed 13.7@98.8 against his Ford.

Temperature…………................…..Paul’s cars………..............………….Two ‘stangs

ImageImageImage

The highly modified GT500 had no traction, 13.5’s @110mph,
he was surprised to see Paul’s Mustang’s times.

Cadillacs…………...................……….mirror shot……………..............…..…11sec SS

ImageImageImage

The 4 cyl 4wd ATS Turbo Caddy had been in the 14’s, but not today, Paul’s Caddy smoked it.
The weather was very cold and windy, we didn’t stay for Gamblers, but as always,
TRP was great fun!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Re: TRP - year end

Post by Basement Paul »

Yeah, it was the first time I had two of my cars at the track at the same time. I'm really happy with the 14.11 @ 99.6 with the Mustang. I'm getting closer with the Caddy tuning. I think I have the primaries where they need to be as I had two 1.90 60' times, but I think now that the secondaries are too fat. This week sometime, I'm going to kick them back two or three sizes and see how it feels.

We definitely had a good time and I think 32V actually started liking the Mustang after the day was over. If it had the better axle ratio (3.31) it would have run around a 13.8 at over 100 easy. Pretty cool for a V6 automatic.

Maybe next year when the truck is running again, I can get all three of my cars there at the same time. 8)

-BP
Blue_69_malibu

Re: TRP - year end

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

Basement Paul wrote:Yeah, it was the first time I had two of my cars at the track at the same time. I'm really happy with the 14.11 @ 99.6 with the Mustang. I'm getting closer with the Caddy tuning. I think I have the primaries where they need to be as I had two 1.90 60' times, but I think now that the secondaries are too fat. This week sometime, I'm going to kick them back two or three sizes and see how it feels.

We definitely had a good time and I think 32V actually started liking the Mustang after the day was over. If it had the better axle ratio (3.31) it would have run around a 13.8 at over 100 easy. Pretty cool for a V6 automatic.

Maybe next year when the truck is running again, I can get all three of my cars there at the same time. 8)

-BP
Do your three free dyno pulls have an expiration date? The Caddy would dig them. :wink:

Silly (and admirable) how fast that Mustang is with almost no effort. Crazy, actually....but in a good way.