Look what got stuck in my yard yesterday

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

Look what got stuck in my yard yesterday

Post by wxo »

Yesterday as I was making myself a little lunch (Randi was gone), I heard the sound of our mail truck and looked out the window to verify it. No mail truck in sight. After a minute or two I heard it again and checked again...nothing in sight. The third time I heard it, it was louder so I went outside to investigate. Here's what I saw:
IMG_3221.JPG
The USPS driver (a new sub for our regular driver) entered our driveway and saw the sign for "No delivery trucks beyond this point". "She tried to turn around on gravel, but got her front wheels down into the leaves. She spun the rear wheels in the gravel and couldn't back up, so she tried to go forward (further into the woods). Well, this made things exponentially worse. As she got further and further into the woods, she decided to try to turn and head back uphill. That's when she got stuck and couldn't move any more. She was spinning the wheels and packages were falling out the open door. What a sight! She called for help and another carrier came by and picked up her undelivered mail while she waited for a tow truck. Here's the rest of the story.
IMG_3227.JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwI1h_ ... load_owner
Maverick

Re: Look what got stuck in my yard yesterday

Post by Maverick »

That's funny!! I've had to help push that or a similar truck up the little hill on our street TWICE in our little snow "storms". Now, they just don't deliver mail to our cul-de-sac till the snow melts.
Maverick
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

That's got to be hard to do... Did you talk to her at all to see what the deal was? She looks like she's in the middle of the forest.

-BP
wxo

Post by wxo »

Basement Paul wrote:That's got to be hard to do... Did you talk to her at all to see what the deal was? She looks like she's in the middle of the forest.

-BP
Nope. Real easy to do. The top of my driveway is the highest point. Once she got her front wheels off into the leaves, she was committed to going downhill in the deep leaves. With all the trees, she had no chance to take a shallow left to get back onto the driveway.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

You just can't make this stuff up :lol:
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]